Friday, January 25, 2008

Pixar Fans to build their own WAL-E

This is pretty cool: a group of WAL-E fans have formed a group to design and build a real world WAL-E. If you're interested in joining in, go to http://www.wall-ebuilders.com/ and sign up. The project leader, "Jawa Lunk," has some cool pics and it looks like he and his crew have done some other fun projects before. The Pixar WAL-E character team (disclaimer: I am a member of that team, though I did not work on WAL-E himself) has both hardware and software hackers as well as several model builders on it -- including one who is trying to piece together an authentic Millenium Falcon from the original kit-bashed model kits. So, while I can't speak on behalf of anyone other than myself (least of all my employer), I suspect that there will be a lot of enthusiasm within our ranks for the WAL-E builders and best wishes for their success.

read more | digg story

0 comments: